Football Scarf in the colours of
- Premium football scarf in the colours of UC Sampdoria
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Nickname: La Samp
Ground: Stadio Luigi Ferraris
Unione Calcio Sampdoria was formed in 1946 from the merger of two clubs - Sampierdarenese and Andrea Doria. The teamâ€™s name reflects this being a combination of the two older clubsâ€™ names. The Sampdoria kit also incorporates the two older teams' colours in a single design.
Sampdoria has a fierce rivalry with CFC Genoa with whom they share a ground, matches between the two clubs are known as the "Derby della Lanterna" (in English the Derby of the Lantern) a reference to the historic Genoa lighthouse.
La Samp has won the scudetto only once in their history, in the 1991 season. The club has also won the Coppa Italia four times and one Italian Super Cup. Their biggest European success came when they won the Cup Winners' Cup in 1990. They also reached the European Cup final in 1992 only to lose against the Spanish side FC Barcelona with an 1-0 score after extra time.