Football Scarf in the colours of
- Premium football scarf in the colours of Real Sociedad
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Nickname: Txuri-urdin (White blue)
Real Sociedad de Futbol is more commonly known as Real Sociedad; they are based in the city of San Sebastian in the Basque Country. The club was founded in 1909 by students and workers returning from Britain who had taken up the new British game of Association Football. The club were founder members of La Liga in 1928 finishing in fourth place in the competitionâ€™s inaugural season.
The club is nicknamed in Basque as the txuri-urdin (white blue in English) because of their blue and white kit, the colours of which are taken from the flag of San Sebastian. In 1931, with the outbreak of the civil war in Spain, the team changed its name to Donostia Club de Futbol but reverted back to Real Sociedad when the conflict ended ended in 1939.
Real Sociedadâ€™s golden era was the 1980s when the club won La Liga in 1981 and again in 1982 and were runners-up in 1980 and 1988. They also won the Copa del Rey in 1987 and were losing finalists in 1988.