Football Scarf in the colours of
- Premium football scarf in the colours of Real Betis
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Nickname: Verdiblancos (The Green and Whites)
Ground: Estadio Benito Villamarin
Real Betis Balompie is more commonly known as Real Betis. Balompie translates literally as football – unusual in Spain as most clubs use the adopted anglicised version futbol. The club is based in the city of Seville, in Andalusia and was founded by students from the Seville Polytechnic in 1907.
Understandably Betis has a strong rivalry with city neighbours Sevilla FC. The first match between the two clubs took place on 8 February 1915, it was abandoned with Sevilla leading winning 4–3 when an aggressive crowd invaded the pitch – yes, football had crowd trouble a century ago!
Betis has won La Liga once (in 1935) and has appeared in the Cope del Rey final four times winning on two occasions. The most remarkable of these wins was in 1977 when the match against Athletic Club Bilbao finished 2–2 after extra-time. Betis eventually won the resulting penalty shoot-out 8–7 after a staggering 21 penalties were taken.