Football Scarf in the colours of
Out of stock
Nickname: Blanquiblaus (White and Blues)
Ground: Estadi de Sarria
Real Club Deportivo Espanyol was founded in the well-off district of Sarria (in Barcelona) by Angel Rodriguez, an engineering student at the nearby University of Barcelona. The club was initially known as the Sociedad Espanola de Football but changed its name to Club Espanyol de Futbol a year later
In 1909, following some financial problems, the club was relaunched as Club Deportivo Espanyol and adopted its blue and white colours. In 1912 Espanyol was granted royal patronage by King Alfonso XIII and were entitled to use Real (in English Royal) and the club subsequently became known as Real Club Deportivo Espanyol. In 1928 Espanyol was a founder member of La Liga and has spent just five seasons outside of the top-flight of Spanish football.
The club has appeared in nine Cop del Rey finals winning four times – most recently with a comfortable 4–1 win over Real Zaragoza in 2006. Espanyol has also reached the UEFA cup final twice losing in penalty shoot-outs on both occasions – to German side Bayer Leverkusen 1988 and then to Sevilla in an all Spanish final in 2007.