Rugby Scarf in the colours of
- Premium rugby scarf in the colours of Pontypridd RFC
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Ground: Sardis Road
Pontypridd RFC were formed in 1876 by workers who had moved into the area when it became industrialised in the late 19th century. Although one of Pontyâ€™s players â€“ Edward Treharne â€“ was included in the very first Welsh International side, the club was generally seen as less fashionable than some other Welsh clubs.
With the inauguration of the first official Welsh leagues in 1990 Pontypridd have played in the top division for that season and consistently finished in the top five.
In 2003 the club formed a partnership with Bridgend RFC to form the Celtic Warriors â€“ a professional club to represent the whole of the South Wales Valleys region. The Celtic Warriors were controversially dissolved by the WRU in the summer of 2004 and Ponty remerged as a semi-professional club competing in the newly formed Welsh Premiership.
Pontypridd continue to be the top team in the Glamorganshire south Wales Valleys and are considered by many of their fans to be the Valleys' regional representative side.