Football Scarf in the colours of
Nickname: The Exiles, The Ironsides, The Port, County
Ground: Rodney Parade
- English Third Tier Champions: 1939
Newport County AFC was originally formed in 1912; the club were founder members of the Football League Third Division in 1920. They play at The Newport Stadium and are nicknamed The Exiles, The Ironsides, The Port and The County.
The club was relegated from the Football League in 1988 and went out of business in February 1989. The club re-formed shortly afterwards and entered the English league pyramid system at a much lower level.
The club achieved promotion to the Conference National for the 2010–11 season; the same level they played at prior to bankruptcy in 1989.