Rugby Scarf in the colours of
- Premium rugby scarf in the colours of Newcastle Falcons
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Nickname: The Falcons
Ground: Kingston Park
Newcastle Falcons originated in 1877 as Gosforth RFC, the club was founded by a group of former pupils of Durham School and adopted the schools green and white colours. Gosforth supplied many international players over the years including former England Roger Uttley.
In 1990 the club name was changed to Newcastle Gosforth and they moved to their current ground at Kingston Park. In 1995 Newcastle became the world’s first professional bringing in former Wasps captain Rob Andrew as Director of Rugby and soon winning promotion from the national Second Division to the Premiership.
For the 1996/7 season the new name of Newcastle Falcons and new black-and-white colours were adopted, and Falcons were English Premiership champions with a team featuring Rugby League legend Inga Tuigamala, Scotland legend Doddie Weir, England winger Tony Underwood and a young Jonny Wilkinson.