Football Scarf in the colours of
- Premium football scarf in the colours of Napoli
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Ground: Stadio San Paolo
The first club in Naples was the Naples Football & Cricket Club which was founded in 1904 by a British sailor William Poths and his friend Hector Bayon. The club made its debut in the Italian Championship in 1912-13 alongside local rivals Internazionale Napoli. Neither side performed well and shortly after World War I they merged as Football Club Internazionale-Naples.
The club changed its name to Associazione Calcio Napoli in 1926. The following year Paraguayan Attila Sallustro became the club’s first ever fully fledged hero setting the all-time goal-scoring record for Napoli, which still stands today. But it was another South American who would become Napoli’s greatest star.
In 1984 the club bought one of the greatest players the world has ever seen, paying FC Barcelona a world record $12 million for Argentine maestro Diego Maradona. In 1987, led by Maradona, Napoli won a Serie A and Coppa Italia double; no mainland Southern Italian team had ever won the league before and that achievement turned Maradona into a cultural icon and the most worshipped Napoli player ever.