Football Scarf in the colours of
- Premium football scarf in the colours of Genoa
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Nickname: Il Grifone (The Griffin)
Ground: Stadio Luigi Ferraris
Ever wondered what the C in Genoa CFC stands for? Cricket actually. Yes Genoa Cricket and Football Club was founded in 1893 by an English doctor James Richardson Spensley - making it the oldest football club in Italy. The club was set up for British ex-pats and at first Italians weren’t even allowed to join.
Genoa have won the Serie A nine times making them the fourth most successful Italian club in terms of championship wins - however the last of these was back in in 1923-24.
Because of the seafaring traditions of the Genoese (it’s the home town of Christopher Columbus) and the consequent settling of Genoese communities around the world the club has official fan clubs in Buenos Aires, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Barcelona, Iceland and many other places.
Genoa has a fierce rivalry with Sampdoria with whom they share a ground, matches between the two clubs are known as the "Derby della Lanterna" (in English the Derby of the Lantern) a reference to the historic Genoa lighthouse.