Football Scarf in the colours of
- Premium football scarf in the colours of FC AZ
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Nickname: The Cheese Farmers
Ground: AFAS Stadion
FC AZ was founded in 1967 through the merger of two other clubs, Alkmaar 54 and FC Zaanstreek â€“ the name AZ being the initials of those two clubs. By the early 1970s the club was heavily in debt and was bailed out by Cees and Klaas Molenaar â€“ two brothers who had both played for the club and had created a very successful retail business.
The Molenaar brothers invested heavily in AZ and success soon followed with AZ challenging for the Dutch title, winning the Dutch Cup three times and qualifying for European football on many occasions.
In 1981 AZ finally became Dutch champions in 1981 losing just one game â€“ they the first side outside the big three (Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV) to win the Eredivisie since 1965. The same year they reached the final of the UEFA Cup, losing 4-5 on aggregate to Ipswich Town of England. Ironically that Ipswich side included Dutch Internationals Frans Thijssen and Arnold Muhren.
AZ were champions again in 2009 and to date are the only club to have beaten Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV away from home in a single season.