Football Scarf in the colours of
Deportivo La Coruna
- Premium football scarf in the colours of Deportivo La Coruna
- No logos, no badges, no branding - 100% unofficial
- Made in Great Britain of pure Saxony wool
- In stock - usually despatched within 24hrs
- Length: 72 inches (183 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Recorded delivery worldwide
- UK: 2 - 4 working days
- Europe: 5 - 7 working days
- Rest of the World: 5 - 10 working days
Nickname: Branquiazuis (The Blues and Whites)
Real Club Deportivo de La Coruna is the full name for the Spanish football team based in the city of A Coruna in Galicia. The club was founded in 1906 shortly after a local student, Jose Maria Abalo, had returned to A Coruna after studying in England and introduced the new game of football to the city. The game gained rapid popularity and several teams were formed in A Coruna.
The clubâ€™s golden years were the nineties and early noughties. In twelve years Deportivo won the Copa del Rey twice, finished second in La Liga four times and third on another four occasions.
And then there was 2000. The year Deportivo La Coruna won the league, finishing five points clear of second placed Barcelona and third place Valencia, and memorable thrashing Real Madrid 5-2 at Riazor on the way. It was some achievement for the team from A Coruna â€“ a city of just 200,000 residents and still the smallest town in Spain to have provided La Liga champions.